Before you can borrow ToolBank tools, you must first become a ToolBank member agency by completing our brief online membership application. There is no membership fee to become a ToolBank member. Only not-for-profit organizations are eligible for a ToolBank membership, such as:
- Nonprofit/Charitable/Tax exempt organizations
- Schools and PTAs/PTOs
- Neighborhood associations
- Faith-based groups
- Civic organizations
- Government agencies
- Scout Troops
A 501(c)3 tax exempt determination letter is not a requirement for ToolBank membership.
This page covers our eligibility policy, outlines acceptable forms of documentation, and provides answers to most FAQs about applying.
You will be asked to sign a hard copy of the above Membership Agreement document at the time of your first tool pickup.
This document covers tool lending policies and procedures, as well as best practices to avoid unnecessary fees.
Learn more about available tools and all applicable fees.
Before you begin your application, please note the following:
- Please be prepared to upload documentation of your not-for-profit status while applying. This serves as proof of your eligibility to borrow ToolBank tools. Please refer to the Membership Eligibility FAQ to view acceptable forms of documentation.
- Our online application is optimized for Internet Explorer 10 in Compatibility Mode. Please click here for instructions on Compatibility Mode.
- Please remember to write down your password! The application process creates a user account for you in our online tool ordering system, which is how you will order tools and manage your account.
If your agency is eligible to become a ToolBank member and you have documentation of your not-for-profit status handy, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button below to begin your membership application.
Complete applications are usually approved within 24 hours. Once your application is approved, your agency is immediately eligible to borrow tools. Members can submit a tool order at any time by clicking the ‘Order Tools’ in the footer below. It’s fast and easy, and ToolBank staff will contact you as soon as possible to confirm your order and pickup appointment.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please call us at 713-674-0262.