Now Hiring a Facility/Program Manager
The Facility/Program Manager is responsible for implementing and executing various duties associated with the tool lending program. The Manager will create an overall vision for the ToolBank program based on the strategic plan and mission. Working closely with the Executive Director, the manager will focus on oversight of tool lending activities and strategies to promote the mission of tool lending in the community.
In conjunction with operating affiliates, the manager will oversee facility activities and implement a regular schedule from which he or she can make recommendations to the Executive Director. The manager will assist with strategy of both member agency retention/procurement and volunteer coordination. The manager will be a leader in the continued development of a visual identity campaign. The manager will work closely to determine scope and extent of volunteer and outreach activities. The manager may also be called upon to participate in a variety of other program and facility support.
Scope of Duties:
Term: Full-Time or Part Time (2) Depending on candidates
Salary: Based on Experience ($12- $15 per hour)
Target Start Date: Immediately
The Facility/Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director. He or She will be responsible for completing a successful tool lending and volunteer program. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the design and implementation of a platform to enhance the ToolBank brand in the community as well as establishing a program to reach and retain potential clients. He or She will interact with the community and communicate the mission of tool lending to Houston and surrounding areas. The work schedule is full-time with a 40 hour week. Even though the facility is closed on the weekends, some weekend time may be necessary. During times of disaster we attempt to operate a day of the weekend.
The Facility/Program Manager will be responsible for:
Warehouse Operations and Program Management
- Manages and Directs the Tool Lending Program
- Actively preserves the inventory of the ToolBank
- Maintain effective logistics for tools and materials, donated items, and other items going in and out of the warehouse
- Process tool and material donations, determine appropriate program distribution
- Maintain accurate records of agency transactions and evaluative data
- Provide courteous, prompt service to all volunteers, customers, community partners, and visitors
- Provide front-line customer service in the absence of Executive Director
- Supervise facility usage, operations, equipment maintenance, etc.
- Maintain clean, safe and overall professional appearance of entire facility area, including the ToolBank grounds
- Security of Warehouse – first point of contact for all security issues and protocol, including Security Company
- Determine tasks necessary to maintain 5S protocol
- Work with ToolBank Staff to generate program-driven volunteer opportunities in the warehouse
- Manage group volunteer projects that meet the needs of both the ToolBank and volunteer groups
- Maintain prompt follow-up and accurate records of volunteer activity as required
- Cultivate increasingly engaging relationships between the ToolBank and the volunteers
- Provide leadership and project planning for events relating to the ToolBank warehouse
- Attend various off-site volunteer events
- Support the daily operations of all ToolBank programs as necessary
- Participate in agency fundraisers
- Attends and Participates in Program Committee Meetings
- Use of Tool Tracking System (LFNt), SalesForce, Outlook and other software programs as required
- Must understand and commit to the Houston Community ToolBank Mission and Vision
- Ability to communicate clearly to clients and volunteers in person, by phone, or written
- Attention to Details and Accuracy
- Ability to interact with volunteers, clients, staff and board members in a friendly, courteous and professional manner
- Self-Starter with strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Strong communication skills – in-person, phone, and written
- Proficient in Office, Adobe, and Web software
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Erika Hornsey at firstname.lastname@example.org